Upcoming Meetings and
AERA Annual Meeting Program
Relevant Web Sites
- The new fall 2016 newsletter can be found here.
- Nominations are sought for the Early Career Publication Award. Nominations are due by January 18, 2017 to Imani Goffney. See the flyer for more details.
- Nominations are sought for a (non-voting) Graduate Student Representative to serve for two years on the SIG-RME board, starting in April 2017. This representative is intended to serve and represent fellow graduate student members of the SIG-RME in the American Educational Research Association (AERA). Enrolled graduate student members of SIG-RME and AERA at large who can maintain this status for two consecutive years are eligible to serve as SIG-RME Graduate Student Representatives. Interested graduate students should submit an application package consisting of a curriculum vita and a 300-word statement on qualifications in carrying out the representative duties (including expected date of graduation) to Meghan Shaughnessy by January 15, 2017. The duties of the graduate student representatives are listed in the bylaws.
- The Membership Directory
has been updated (June 2015). To update your contact information,
update your online profile with AERA.
Username and password for accessing the directory can be found in the latest SIGRME newsletter. If you have questions about accessing the directory, please email Meghan Shaughnessy.
- Check out the new job
postings. Please remember to refresh your browser to make sure you
have the latest job listings. Please email all post requests to: Meghan Shaughnessy. If there are
any problems with the website, please e-mail Meghan as well.
- Texas A&M University invites nominations for the Award of Excellence in Mathematics Education. For the 2017 award, the nomination deadline is January 1, 2017. See the flyer for more details.
- The National Science Foundation recently funded a conference entitled Validity Evidence for Measurement in Mathematics Education (V-M2Ed) to be held in San Antonio, TX. The conference will be held from April 2-3, 2017 - prior to the NCTM Research Conference. See the flyer for more details.
- The II International Conference on Mathematics Textbook Research and Development will be held from May 7-11, 2017 in Brazil. Submissions are now being accepted. See the flyer for more details.
- The 14th International Conference of the Mathematics Education for the Future Project will be held at Balatonfüred, Balaton Lake, Hungary from September 10-15, 2017. For further details and updates please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The IAP series, Research in Mathematics Education, is
being revived and will focus on a broad range of issues in mathematics
education at all levels. There is currently particular interest in
proposals dealing with the following areas: curriculum,
assessment, equity in addressing diverse learners, research on the
teaching and learning of particular content strands, and other
international issues in mathematics education. See the flyer for more information.
Grants are available from the Association for Women in
Mathematics. Deadlines: Feb 1, May 1, Oct 1, every year.
The purpose of SIG/RME is to promote and to disseminate
research, development, and evaluative efforts in mathematics education,
and to promote and encourage scholarly and productive exchanges among
members of all the constituencies that affect, or are affected by,
research on the learning and teaching of mathematics.
Last updated: November 21, 2016
Webmaster: Meghan Shaughnessy