SIG RME Happenings
COVID-19 Impact Survey
The goal of this survey is to better understand the demands and changes in the professional contexts of the SIGRME membership as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic. We plan to gather data from our membership and report back to you so that you may situate the responses of your institutions within the broader landscape. A goal is that members will be able to use the results of the survey to communicate to their institutions how other institutions are responding. We hope that this will help members advocate for extensions of timelines, additional resources, revised expectations for faculty productivity and teaching, or other needs in the immediate aftermath of the disruption caused by COVID 19. Survey
JRME Mentorship Program
We have an opportunity for SIG-RME members who are doctoral and post-doctoral scholars.
The JRME Editorial Panel is piloting a program to mentor doctoral and post-doctoral scholars in the manuscript review process. As a first step in the process, SIG RME is surveying its membership to recruit interested scholars.
We will provide additional information about the mentorship program in the future.
Welcome to the AERA Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education. If you have any updates for the website please email them to Naomi Jessup.
Announcements / Call for Papers
- Texas A&M University is delighted to announce the recipient of the 2020 Award for Interdisciplinary Excellence in Mathematics Education: Dr. Maria L. Blanton (click here for the full citation from the Award Committee).
- The NSF-funded conference, Doctoral Conference on Mathematics Education, will be held on September 23-25, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV.
Applications are due February 15, 2020 (click here for more information).
- Texas A&M University invites nominations for the Award for Interdisciplinary Excellence in Mathematics Education. The nomination deadline is January 1, 2020 (click here for more information).
- The NSF-funded conference, Validity Evidence for Measurement in Mathematics Education (V-M2Ed), will be held in Las Vegas, NV on February 20 – 21, 2020. Applications are due October 31, 2019 (click here for more information).
- SIG-RME Early Career Publication Award Nominations Award Information (due Nov 1, 2019).
- Travel grants are available from the Association for Women in Mathematics – deadlines: Feb 1, May 1, Oct 1 every year (click here for more information).
- 2020 AERA Conference (click here to read the entire statement)
- Affirming Critical Scholars in Mathematics Education Academic (click here to read the entire statement)
Click here to go to our Facebook page!