Affirming Critical Scholars in Mathematics Education
Dear members of the American Educational Research Association’s Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education (SIG-RME),
The bylaws for our SIG state: “The purpose of SIG-RME is to promote and to disseminate research, development, and evaluative efforts in mathematics education, and to promote and encourage scholarly and productive exchanges among members of all the constituencies that affect, or are affected by, research on the learning and teaching of mathematics.”
Academic freedom is essential to our purpose…. (click here to read entire statement)
Welcome to the AERA Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education. If you have any updates for the website please email them to Katherine Lewis.
Announcements / Call for Papers
- Faculty Fellowship Program for 2019-2020 The Center for Inquiry and Equity in Mathematics
- Call for proposals for the IAP book series, Research in Mathematics Education
- Doctoral Scholarship – University of Cambridge – due Dec 5, 2018
- NSF – New solicitation EHR Core Research program, due January 24, 2019
- Call for Nominations – Award for Excellence in Mathematics Education (Texas A&M) – Jan 1, 2019
- Conference Announcement – Simulations in Teacher Education (SITE) Conference
- Call for Papers – Acts of Resistance: Subversive Teaching across the Disciplines
- Conference Announcement – 15th International Conference of The Mathematics Education for the Future Project Theory and Practice: An Interface or A Great Divide? – Maynooth, Ireland – abstracts due Dec 2018.
- Call for papers – American Society for Engineering Education due Oct 15, 2018
- SIG-RME Early Career Publication Award Nominations Award Information (due Nov 2, 2018)
- SIG-RME Distinguished Scholar Award Nominations Award Information (due Sept 7, 2018)
- Kappan Call for Papers – “Rethinking the Curriculum “
- Conference Announcement – Sixth International Realistic Mathematics Education Conference (RME6), a biennial conference held for the first time in the Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands)
- Travel grants are available from the Association for Women in Mathematics – deadlines: Feb 1, May 1, Oct 1 every year (click here for more information).
Click here to go to our Facebook page!