Affirming Critical Scholars in Mathematics Education
Dear members of the American Educational Research Association’s Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education (SIG/RME),
The bylaws for our SIG state: “The purpose of SIG/RME is to promote and to disseminate research, development, and evaluative efforts in mathematics education, and to promote and encourage scholarly and productive exchanges among members of all the constituencies that affect, or are affected by, research on the learning and teaching of mathematics.”
Academic freedom is essential to our purpose…. (click here to read entire statement)
Welcome to the AERA Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education. If you have any updates for the website please email them to Katherine Lewis.
Announcements / Call for Papers
- Call for Papers – Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment: Intersecting New Needs and New Applications, due 7/15/18
- Northeastern Educational Research Association has shared a call for proposals for their 49th Annual Conference (10/17 – 10/19/2018). – due 6/4/18
- Dr. Sybilla Beckmann Kazez has been selected as the recipient of 2018 Award for Excellence in Mathematics Education
- Call for manuscripts: Early algebraic thinking / Convocatoria de presentación de manuscritos: Pensamiento algebraico temprano
- Small Awards Competition for Emerging Scholars – Improving Education and Reducing Inequality in the United States – The Russell Sage Foundation (RSF) and the William T. Grant Foundation
- 15th International Conference of The Mathematics Education for the Future Project – August 4-9, 2019 – Maynooth University, Kildare, Ireland
- Request for Proposals – CPM Educational Program Research Awards for Mathematics Education – due Jan 29, 2018
- Nomination Call for Award for Excellence in Mathematics Education – due Jan 1, 2018
- Mathematics Teaching-Research Journal online – Call for papers
- *** New Publication *** Compendium for Research in Mathematics Education (Edited by Jinfa Cai) is now available.
- Mathematics Teacher Educator, a journal of NCTM and AMTE, is seeking its next editor (click here for more information)
- Travel grants are available from the Association for Women in Mathematics – deadlines: Feb 1, May 1, Oct 1 every year (click here for more information).