Welcome to the AERA Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education.
SIG RME Happenings
JRME Mentorship Program
We have an opportunity for SIG-RME members who are doctoral and post-doctoral scholars.
The JRME Editorial Panel is piloting a program to mentor doctoral and post-doctoral scholars in the manuscript review process. As a first step in the process, SIG RME is surveying its membership to recruit interested scholars.
We will provide additional information about the mentorship program in the future.
SIG-RME Conference Central
Click here to learn more about the SIG-RME events during the AERA conference.
Announcements / Call for Papers
Voices article submission end of September/October.
- 16th International Conference of the Mathematics Education for the Future Project will be held August 8–13, 2022 at King’s College, Cambridge University, UK. Deadlines are August 21, 2021 (abstracts) and November 30, 2021 (papers). For conference updates and more information see https://directorymathsed.net/kings-conference/.
- Travel grants are available from the Association for Women in Mathematics – deadlines: Feb 1, May 1, Oct 1 every year (click here for more information).
- For mathematics education researchers whose work overlaps with ESL/Bilingual Education: NJTESOL-NJBE’s subcommittee to counter antiBlack racism is leading efforts to promote the work of emerging scholars. We are excited to invite Black and racially minoritized graduate students with submissions related to ESL/Bilingual education to submit to our recently reimagined Voices Annual Journal with the added benefit that, if accepted, they will also get to present their work at our heavily attended annual conference.
- Journal Submission Page: https://voices.njtesol-njbe.org/
- Spring Conference Link: https://njtesol-njbe.org/spring-conference/
- NJTESOL-NJBE website: https://njtesol-njbe.org/
- Subcommittee Web Series Critical Conversations: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRUQpkydy9VzTtVoieyKUN4IPNaY0JyuO
Call for Early Career Publication Award Nominations
In 2001, the Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education established the “SIG-RME Early Career Publication Award.” The purpose of the Early Career Publication Award is to recognize an outstanding mathematics education research publication by an early career scholar. The award includes a stipend of $500, announcement in the SIG-RME newsletter and on the SIG-RME website and recognition at the AERA 2022 Conference. The first award was presented in 2002, and the most recent awards were presented to Dr. Erika Bullock and Dr. Erica Litka.
The 2022 Early Career Publication Award nomination is due no later than Friday, November 5, 2021. (Click here for more information and nomination guidelines.)
SIG-RME Speaker Series
SIG-RME is hosting a speaker session featuring Dr. Christopher C. Jett from the University of West Georgia. The talk will take place on November 18 at 1 pm PT/2 pm MT/3 pm CT/4 pm ET. For more information, click here.
- 2020 AERA Conference (click here to read the entire statement)
- Affirming Critical Scholars in Mathematics Education Academic (click here to read the entire statement)
Follow us and stay connected!