Affirming Critical Scholars in Mathematics Education
Dear members of the American Educational Research Association’s Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education (SIG-RME),
The bylaws for our SIG state: “The purpose of SIG-RME is to promote and to disseminate research, development, and evaluative efforts in mathematics education, and to promote and encourage scholarly and productive exchanges among members of all the constituencies that affect, or are affected by, research on the learning and teaching of mathematics.”
Academic freedom is essential to our purpose…. (click here to read the entire statement)
Welcome to the AERA Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education. If you have any updates for the website please email them to Naomi Jessup.
Announcements / Call for Papers
- Texas A&M University is delighted to announce the recipient of the 2020 Award for Interdisciplinary Excellence in Mathematics Education: Dr. Maria L. Blanton (click here for the full citation from the Award Committee).
- The NSF-funded conference, Doctoral Conference on Mathematics Education, will be held on September 23-25, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV.
Applications are due February 15, 2020 (click here for more information).
- Texas A&M University invites nominations for the Award for Interdisciplinary Excellence in Mathematics Education. The nomination deadline is January 1, 2020 (click here for more information).
- The NSF-funded conference, Validity Evidence for Measurement in Mathematics Education (V-M2Ed), will be held in Las Vegas, NV on February 20 – 21, 2020. Applications are due October 31, 2019 (click here for more information).
- SIG-RME Early Career Publication Award Nominations Award Information (due Nov 1, 2019).
- Travel grants are available from the Association for Women in Mathematics – deadlines: Feb 1, May 1, Oct 1 every year (click here for more information).
Click here to go to our Facebook page!